Monday 12 February 2018

Evaluation Q2: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks? - Script for Podcast

Between my main product, which is the short film that I created, and my ancillary tasks, which are the poster and review page, I have tried to use the idea of convergence, which is when different forms of media are used to promote a central product. When you watch our short film and then view the ancillary tasks, you can see that the main character, Mark Spencer, is featured in all three products, which is an example of continuity. It emphasises the point to the viewer or reader that Mr. Spencer is a key character in this project and he is being promoted as much as possible. On my poster, the two characters in the frame both appear in the short film; the pupil on the left is featured heavily during the maths class scene and also features in an interview with the camera crew. The other character is obviously the main character, Mr. Spencer. The poster also creates a narrative that the reader can interpret in their own way in the form of an enigma code. On the review page, a direct screenshot is used as the image to accompany the review itself, which helps to convey an image of what the film is like to the reader. Also, the magazine I have based my review page on is Sight and Sound, which is a highly respected film magazine. Its target audience are passionate film fans so they would be the type of people to view my short film rather than a casual audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment